About BSS WOmen
Body, Soul and Spirit (BSS) is an annual women program organized by gemPublications, publisher of the inspirational lifestyle magazine, known as the gemWoman magazine. The program serves as an interdenominational platform for women between the ages of 25-55 years to come together in an informal and relaxed atmosphere to get equipped, empowered and encouraged to fulfill destiny while living maximally. It is also an avenue for women to network and bond with likeminded people.
Body, Soul and Spirit (BSS) is designed to give the contemporary woman a platform to ease the stress of the demands of our mundane and hectic lifestyles, indulging them in a myriad of activities that engage and empower.
There are panelists’ sessions which feature seasoned speakers who talk on various issues that pertain to the woman based on the theme for the year. Women are encouraged to step out of their comfort zone and embrace their uniqueness in order for them to shine in their endeavors and life in general. Life skills are taught and women are equipped with tools that help to enhance successful families, careers and businesses.
Women are empowered spiritually through the word and also financially, and through trainings to further their dreams. There are prayer sessions for family, general wellbeing, businesses and the nation as well.
The ambience is such that breeds openness and togetherness. There are question and answer sessions. It also features music, dance, Star prizes, interactive games, as well as sessions and presentations on fitness, nutrition and lifestyle.
Above all, the main objective of BSS, as it is fondly called by our teeming readers, is to ensure that women achieve and live a life of passion, purpose and fulfillment.
Some of the seasoned speakers who have graced this occasion are:
- Tara Fela Durotoye – Creative Director, House of Tara;
- Dr Kin Egwuonwu – National Coordinator Cervical Cancer Programme;
- Miss Arinola Adeniyi- CEO Vennivici Spa,
- Femi Olaleye – Renowned cervical cancer practitioner
- Uquo Ukoh – Executive Director, Nestle Nigeria.
- Rev Funke Felix-Adejumo
- Pastor Mayokun Oreofe
- Apostle Busola Jegede
- Omolewa Ahmed
- Rev Fola Achudume
Profile of Attendees of Body, Soul and Spirit (BSS) include middle to high income earners who are: Homemakers, Entrepreneurs, Career women, Single, Married, Widows and Divorced.
The Body, Soul and Spirit (BSS), is targeted at enhancing the total wellbeing of today’s contemporary woman.
Growth chart of our programmes from inception:
- October 1st 2007 [First Meeting ]- 200 women
- October 1st 2008 [Alabaster Box]- 500 women
- October 1st 2009[Beauty for Ashes]- 750women
- October 1st 2010[Walking by grace]- 900women
- October 1st 2011 [ Unfolding his Glory]- 1000 women
- October 1st 2012 [ Fruitfulness]- 1,200 women
- October 1st 2013 [ No Limits]- 1,500 women
- October 1st 2014 [ Shine]- 1,800 women
- October 1st 2015 [ A New Song]- 1,800 women
- October 1st 2016 [Radiance]- 1,950 women
- October 2nd 2017 [ Greater-Heights]- 2,200 women
- October 1st 2018 [Limitless]- 2,350 women
- October 1st 2019 [ More Of You]- 2,500 women
The 14th edition of Body Soul and Spirit (BSS GLOBAL – 2020), will be virtual and FREE to all registered attendees, with an expected attendance of 80,000 women from eleven major cities, across seven Nations around the world simultaneously. The purpose of this year’s edition, with the theme, “Sound of abundance of rain (SOAR)”, is to encourage women to embrace hope and take steps to get more from life without entertaining any fear of the unknown. It is our desire to raise a formidable generation of women who are well-informed, equipped and encouraged to live beyond social limitations.
This year’s event will hold on Saturday 3rd October 2020 at 4 p.m. (WAT). The venue for this year’s event is a digital conferencing website that anticipates harmonized attendance from over eleven major cities, across seven Nations around the world.
Below are some of our previous sponsors of this laudable event:
- Nigerian Bottling Company
- May and Baker
- Yo yogurt
- Chi Yogurt
- PZ Cussons
- Vennivici Spa
- Coca Cola
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Chi foods
- Access Bank
- Stanbic IBTC